User Tag List

Thread: "Zinc Glycinate Amino Acid Chelate", or "zinc picolinate"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Zinc Glycinate Amino Acid Chelate", or "zinc picolinate"

I have spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to research the best form of zinc to supplement with and I am truly confused which is better "Zinc Glycinate Amino Acid Chelate", or "zinc picolinate". I know that the general feeling seems to be chelated is the way to go so it would be Zinc Glycinate but my research kept coming up with zinc picolinate and almost made it sound like the zinc picolinate is actually another form of chelated zinc. Any help would truly be appreciated as I am getting pretty frustrate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Zinc Methionine was ideal? I cant even remember now...

Image Map

BioForge's Formulator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zinc methionine,orotate and picolinate are the best options.
    BioForge Pro Max
    Bioforte
    Transmax
    Bio Quench
    Immune Edge+

Columbus, OH / Rochester, NY / Baltimore, Md / Others
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can appreciate your frustration. Again, different options will lead to different bioavailabilities, whereas the level of elemental zinc per capsule will too vary. I am mildly partial to the amino acid chelate and/or orotate, but I think picolinate has some quality research as well.

Certain things will help with co-absorption of zinc, like carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, magnesium, and even acids (in particular HCl).

Certain things conversely will hinder absorption, the best of which talked about is calcium (hence, the popularity of ZMA style vitamins), phytic acid, lead, copper, coffee and tea (likely other caffeinated beverages as well).

There are a lot of things that can work for and against use of zinc supplements. You should recall that long-term zinc supplementation will impede copper and I am not an avid believer per se that the two should be supplemented together, but copper taken in the AM and zinc taken in the PM to avoid this interaction. When Primal Male was constructed, one of the things I was against was putting both copper and zinc in the same supplement. Most know I would not be a fan of that. It should have been less surprising that MAN and I parted ways after there were chains placed on my abilities to do things the way I felt they needed to be done to make a quality supplement.

D_
    Dana Houser, MD, MHSA, CISSN

Professional Associations: AACE, TES, ADA, ACP, ATA, PS, TOS, NLA, ASBMR, SHM, IHS, HPTHA, NSCA, ISSN

askdinoiii@hotmail.com
    The Clinical Underground Official Newsletter (Volume I, Issues I & II now available) ... send "subscribe" email to the address above.

Disclaimer: Despite my being a physician, the information provided in my posts is intended for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY and to stimulate increased rapport between physician and patient. It is asked that you embark on advice provided solely by your EXAMINING physician.

Please do NOT email, PM for scripts or referral.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply everyone I appreciate it i ended up buying both"Zinc Glycinate Amino Acid Chelate", and "zinc picolinate". The Zinc picolinate product I purchased is in caps instead of tabs like the Zinc Glycinate is so I will try that first I think.

Zinc orotate would be my number one choice but unfortunately it seems to be impossible to find not incorporated into another product ( i know it is in ultima). I am a big fan of the pairing of a mineral with something that seems to also have a big health benefits on its own (orotate) , which is why I am actually taking my zinc with "magnesium taurate" besides the fact that the form of mag in ZMA products doesnt seem to agree with my digestive system.

LinkBacks (?)