Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typical Clomid PCT dosage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typical Clomid PCT dosage

D, what have people found to be a successfull dosing scheme for Clomid for post cycle therapy for a 200lbs male? It would in all likelihood be for a tren/epithio or phera run at typical dosages. In addition I am referring to prescription Clomid, not the research chemical variety. Also, are the typical adjuncts (I3C, SAM-e, etc) employed as well for a Clomid based post cycle therapy? I know you can't make "recommendations" per se with this limited info. I am just curious what you have seen to have been successfull with others. Thanks in advance.

Columbus, OH / Rochester, NY / Baltimore, Md / Others
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brand77 View Post
    D, what have people found to be a successfull dosing scheme for Clomid for post cycle therapy for a 200lbs male? It would in all likelihood be for a tren/epithio or phera run at typical dosages. In addition I am referring to prescription Clomid, not the research chemical variety. Also, are the typical adjuncts (I3C, SAM-e, etc) employed as well for a Clomid based post cycle therapy? I know you can't make "recommendations" per se with this limited info. I am just curious what you have seen to have been successfull with others. Thanks in advance.
    Length of the various cycles you are suggesting?

D_
    Dana Houser, MD, MHSA, CISSN

Professional Associations: AACE, TES, ADA, ACP, ATA, PS, TOS, NLA, ASBMR, SHM, IHS, HPTHA, NSCA, ISSN

askdinoiii@hotmail.com
    The Clinical Underground Official Newsletter (Volume I, Issues I & II now available) ... send "subscribe" email to the address above.

Disclaimer: Despite my being a physician, the information provided in my posts is intended for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY and to stimulate increased rapport between physician and patient. It is asked that you embark on advice provided solely by your EXAMINING physician.

Please do NOT email, PM for scripts or referral.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 days would be likely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last clomid I think I ran...150/100/100/50..felt like a girl and will never use it again.
    Hello.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, cannot offer recommendation per se on dose, however:

Doses will vary but the treatment usually starts from 50 mg a day five days running. The dose mainly depends on body weight. There is no need to increase the dose unless the first cycle doesn’t turn out to be effective. During the second cycle the dose is increased at 50 mg. It may be increased up to 150 mg as cases when the treatment showed to be successful with the dosage 200-250 mg are very rare.

The true rationale for inclusion of this product would be time-frame sensitive; in other words - your highEST dose after the particular suggested cycles would likely last only about 5 days time before the first drop with progressive increase in AI. This is the ONLY "SERM" (though by structure alone does it merrit that designation) that would really have a fighting chance at significantly affecting the HPTA (no - torem, nolva, and ralox do NOT have any precipitous effect on the HPTA).

Hopefully this makes sense the way I have defined it.

D_

Professional Associations: AACE, TES, ADA, ACP, ATA, PS, TOS, NLA, ASBMR, SHM, IHS, HPTHA, NSCA, ISSN

askdinoiii@hotmail.com
    The Clinical Underground Official Newsletter (Volume I, Issues I & II now available) ... send "subscribe" email to the address above.

Disclaimer: Despite my being a physician, the information provided in my posts is intended for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY and to stimulate increased rapport between physician and patient. It is asked that you embark on advice provided solely by your EXAMINING physician.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    The true rationale for inclusion of this product would be time-frame sensitive; in other words - your highEST dose after the particular suggested cycles would likely last only about 5 days time before the first drop with progressive increase in AI. This is the ONLY "SERM" (though by structure alone does it merrit that designation) that would really have a fighting chance at significantly affecting the HPTA (no - torem, nolva, and ralox do NOT have any precipitous effect on the HPTA).

D_
    So basically, you are saying highest clomid dose should follow end of cycle for 5 days then taper down with increase AI....
    So these might not be the doses you had in mind, but the theory would be like:
    Clomid 100mg/50/50/50 (4 weeks)
    Letro 0.50mg/1mg/1.5mg/2mg/2.5mg (5 weeks)

Feel free to discuss effectiveness of dosing outlines above if able.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Again, cannot offer recommendation per se on dose, however:

Doses will vary but the treatment usually starts from 50 mg a day five days running. The dose mainly depends on body weight. There is no need to increase the dose unless the first cycle doesn’t turn out to be effective. During the second cycle the dose is increased at 50 mg. It may be increased up to 150 mg as cases when the treatment showed to be successful with the dosage 200-250 mg are very rare.

D_
    Thanks D, that makes sense. Just one question. At the end of the post cycle therapy there would be no SERM (or Clomid) as it was tapered down. The AI would be at its highest level as it was progressively increased as the SERM was tapered. Would you then taper down the AI to totally end the post cycle therapy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swolloniron View Post
    So basically, you are saying highest clomid dose should follow end of cycle for 5 days then taper down with increase AI....
    So these might not be the doses you had in mind, but the theory would be like:
    Clomid 100mg/50/50/50 (4 weeks)
    Letro 0.50mg/1mg/1.5mg/2mg/2.5mg (5 weeks)

Feel free to discuss effectiveness of dosing outlines above if able.
    Doses aside, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by brand77 View Post
    Thanks D, that makes sense. Just one question. At the end of the post cycle therapy there would be no SERM (or Clomid) as it was tapered down. The AI would be at its highest level as it was progressively increased as the SERM was tapered. Would you then taper down the AI to totally end the post cycle therapy?
    Not really necessity, though I wouldn't dismiss such a protocol either.

This is provided, of course, the length of cycle was accounted for in post cycle therapy length.

D_

askdinoiii@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standard post cycle therapy protocol is: 50/50/25/25

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm 30 days goood .........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for bumping an old thread. But I think a good dosing protocol for clomid is something a little bit longer, but I also agree with tapering up and AI and then back down.

Something like Clomid

Week 1 - 50 mg
    Week 2 - 25 mg (start AI)
    Week 3 - 25 mg
    Week 4 - 25 mg EOD
    Week 5 - 25 mg EOD
    Week 6 - End AI

Image Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree I think longer duration PCTs are better.
    Purus Labs Rep:

Grambo@cyber-rights.biz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished 8 week post cycle therapy
    SeriousNutritionSolutions

*TRex [at] seriousnutritionsolutions.com*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hook View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. But I think a good dosing protocol for clomid is something a little bit longer, but I also agree with tapering up and AI and then back down.

Something like Clomid

Week 1 - 50 mg
    Week 3 - 25 mg
    Week 4 - 25 mg EOD
    Week 5 - 25 mg EOD
    Week 6 - End AI
    RH, so for the perpetual newb, what dose would you start the AI...according to your layout above?

Clomid is 50/25/25/25/25
    AI ? / ? / ? ....

...or are you just speaking in general?

Personally, I don't think I ran my PH doses high enough to get shut down by anything yet. I always feel great during my cyles and in post cycle therapy. All my equipment functions great throughout my cycles and I'm my regular moody, irritable self. LOL
    "The biggest variable for success in any facet of life is consistency" -Ramrod

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcBride View Post
    RH, so for the perpetual newb, what dose would you start the AI...according to your layout above?

Clomid is 50/25/25/25/25
    AI ? / ? / ? ....

...or are you just speaking in general?

Personally, I don't think I ran my PH doses high enough to get shut down by anything yet. I always feel great during my cyles and in post cycle therapy. All my equipment functions great throughout my cycles and I'm my regular moody, irritable self. LOL
    It would really depend on the AI. Shutdown is a bad term for it, it's really the degree of suppression. But there is suppression have no doubt about it. Sounds like your post cycle therapy is working though. The problem isn't always during post cycle therapy that people struggle with. It's usually a few weeks after.

Image Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    I'd agree I think longer duration PCTs are better.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by TRex View Post
    Just finished 8 week post cycle therapy
    word.

PS- RH, why are you tapering down clomid and at such low doses?
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.

When you're tired and you're hungry and you want something cool, you know I got something better than a simming pool
    -Tom Waits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clomid 50mg ED for 30days (i usepharm grade clomid also)
    With DAA 3grm ED 30 days
    Perfect post cycle therapy for any cycle KIDS
    BW verified
    Last edited by MFFU; 07-07-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like Clomid

Week 1 - 50 mg
    Week 3 - 25 mg
    Week 4 - 25 mg EOD
    Week 5 - 25 mg EOD
    Week 6 - End AI
    x2 I dunno why people shock there bodies with 150mg ED for the first week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does clomid control or regulate estrogen at all? or what does it do with regards to it?

why is an AI necessary with clomid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steam View Post
    does clomid control or regulate estrogen at all? or what does it do with regards to it?

why is an AI necessary with clomid
    An AI definitely isn't necessary with clomid.
    SeriousNutritionSolutions

*TRex [at] seriousnutritionsolutions.com*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly prefer Forma Stanzol, and a good bottle of post cycle therapy.

Clomid always game me a negative affect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    Agreed

word.

PS- RH, why are you tapering down clomid and at such low doses?
    The starting dose in young hypogonadal males in the research I've read is 25mgs EOD. Sometimes they taper up if they don't initially respond to it. The only reason I even start at 50mgs is because half the RC stuff is probably bunk or under dosed.

There's a couple of studies showing higher doses can cause "desensitization" too. I don't recall the length before that happens however. Older guys need a bigger dose too fwiw.

Image Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GummyBearFitness View Post
    x2 I dunno why people shock there bodies with 150mg ED for the first week!
    The starting dose in young hypogonadal males in the research I've read is 25mgs EOD. Sometimes they taper up if they don't initially respond to it. The only reason I even start at 50mgs is because half the RC stuff is probably bunk or under dosed.

There's a couple of studies showing higher doses can cause "desensitization" too. I don't recall the length before that happens however. Older guys need a bigger dose too fwiw.
    I've always used 100mg ED for three weeks, 50mg ED for three weeks or till 'done'. As for RC stuff, well, you're an idiot for relying on that for a staple. Interesting about desensitization. Does it carry over or are you resensitized after cancellation in time for the next post cycle therapy?
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.

When you're tired and you're hungry and you want something cool, you know I got something better than a simming pool
    -Tom Waits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you post the desensitizing studies? what were the dosages at? some guys take this for posterity, not just cyclically so it'd matter more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Hook posted that one study where the guys ran it for 3 years, and it also increased bone density I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by steam View Post
    can you post the desensitizing studies? what were the dosages at? some guys take this for posterity, not just cyclically so it'd matter more
    Last edited by BigCLS; 07-09-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    Everything said by BigCLS is for entertainment purposes and mostly fiction. BigCLS does not condone the use of any drug without the proper prescription from a doctor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)