Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Karbolyn AKA "Crap-bolyn"

Lets look at the write up on this crap:

Pure Karbolyn

The Next Generation Carbohydrate Has Arrived!

Pure Karbolyn™ is a homopolysaccharide (relatively complex carbohydrate) and is made up of many monosaccharides joined together by glycosidic bonds. These are very large bonds that are branched macromolecules. The “Molecular Mass” has been precisely manipulated to create absorption through the stomach at a rate much greater than maltodextrin, dextrose, breads, pasta, rice or any other carb product on the market.

Pure Karbolyn™ is a patent pending carbohydrate that contains very unique properties. Because Pure Karbolyn™ passes through the stomach very quickly, it acts like a pump, pulling water and nutrients along with it. This high tech carbohydrate actually moves through the stomach 80% faster than dextrose or sugar. Pure Karbolyn™ also has a higher solution osmolality than dextrose, sucrose or other carbohydrate powder mixes on the market. This is due to the unique properties found in the patent pending process. Pure Karbolyn™ is completely sugar free.

Pure Karbolyn™ is produced using a newly developed “Enzymatic Milling Process”. The food source to produce Pure Karbolyn™ is potato, rice & corn. The finished product is a modified molecular mass polysaccharide that is absorbed very quickly with out any side effects, stomach bloating or discomfort plus it mixes instantly.

What is Pure KarbolynTM used for?

Pure Karbolyn™ was invented for the sole purpose of carbohydrate loading. It was designed for Elite Athletes looking for a fast, safe and high performance way to easily load the muscle with accessible muscle energy (glycogen). Pure Karbolyn™ has been instantized, so it mixes instantly!

If you are looking to diet for a show or pack on some mass, Pure Karbolyn™ is the ideal carbohydrate to get the results you are looking for. It is very common for many bodybuilders and fitness/figure competitors to rely solely on Pure Karbolyn and oatmeal as their only complex carbohydrate sources during their pre-contest & carb loading phase!

* Designed for Elite athletes to quickly hyper-load muscle tissue with glycogen. Pure Karbolyn™ is the ideal carb for pre-contest carb loading.
    * Pure Karbolyn™ is completely unique due to its size & structure of the molecule. Precisely the right size for absorption, not too big and not too small.
    * Perfect for pre, during and post-workout carbohydrate loading & nutrient transportation.
    * No stomach bloat or discomfort.
    * Pure Karbolyn™ is SUGAR FREE, mixes instantly & tastes incredible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Here is a cut-n-paste of their crap case study:

A CONTROLLED CASE STUDY WITH KARBO-LYN
    Guideline
    FDA
    Author
    Jeff Golini
    Study completed on June 1st , 2007
    Performing Laboratory
    BioCeutical Research & Development Laboratory
    Montana Division
    2376 Main Street
    Room 14
    Billings, MT 59105
    BRDL Study No.
    K761
    (1 of 3)
    Introduction:
    The study was performed to assess the short-term benefits and side effects of Karbo-Lyn in
    human beings when administered an oral dose at prescribe amounts compared to other waxy starch
    and carb products. The study was intended to provide information on the potential health benefits
    and side effects of Karbo-Lyn for athletes. Data from this study may serve as a basis for
    classification and/or labeling of the test article. Data also will serve as validated marketing research
    that presents the case for the effectiveness of Karbo-Lyn. The study was performed by BioCeutical
    Research & Development Laboratory at 2376 Main Street, Room 14, Billings, Montana. The
    protocol was signed by the Study Director on February 1st, 2007. The study was initiated with test
    article administration on May 1st, 2007 and concluded on June 1st, 2007.
    Procedure:
    Two Bodybuilders were chosen for the study. Their workouts consisted of heavy training
    5 days per week with cardio three days per week No changes where made to their training
    schedule or diet.
    Week 1: a leading waxy starch was administered at 50 grams mixed in 16 ounces of water
    and taken 1 hour prior to workout.
    Week 2: Maltodextrin was administered at 50 grams mixed in 16 ounces of water and
    taken 1 hour prior to workout.
    Week 3: Karbo-Lyn was administered at 50 grams mixed in 16 ounces of water and taken
    1 hour prior to workout.
    Week 4: Karbo-Lyn was administered at 100 grams mixed in 16 ounces of water and
    taken 1 hour prior to workout.
    Results:
    Week 1 with leading waxy starch:
    Effectiveness: Athletes did notice a bit of an increase in energy, but nothing that
    increased their endurance, strength or stamina. This increase only lasted for about 7 minutes into
    the workout & died off quickly. No changes in cardio performance were noticed.
    Side Effects: upset stomach
    Week 2 with maltodextrin:
    Effectiveness: Athletes noticed a better response from week 1. Energy levels were
    increased for about the first 15 minutes of the work out but then died off quickly. No cardio
    performance was noticed.
    Side Effects: No side effects
    Week 3 with Karbo-Lyn x 50 grams:
    Effectiveness: Energy levels were very high for about 1 hour before dying off.
    Strength was increased along with endurance and stamina. Athletes were able to do more in the
    1 hour workout then they could in Week 1 & 2. But after 1 hour they were out of gas and cardio
    to follow was difficult.
    (2 of 3)
    Week 4 with Karbo-Lyn x 100 grams:
    Effectiveness: Energy levels were very high for about 2 hours before dying off.
    Strength was increased along with endurance and stamina. Athletes were able to do more than
    week 3. Enough energy was left over to do cardio at a much greater intensity than could be done
    during week 1-3.
    Summary:
    Karbo-Lyn showed to increase endurance, strength and stamina at levels of 50 grams for
    1 hour and at 100 grams for 2 hours over waxy starch and maltodextrin. Not much
    noticeable changes in energy were noticed in the waxy starch while maltodextrin seemed
    to work for about 15 minutes before dying off.
    Conclusion:
    Karbo-Lyn is a very effective way of elevating energy levels for 1-2 hours for
    bodybuilders. This would also prove to be effective for endurance athletes by the fact that after
    weight training these athletes had enough energy to do cardio at a high intensity for 30-60
    minutes. Karbo-Lyn did not upset the stomach and showed no side effects.
    (3 of 3)

Karbo-Lyn™

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, lets look at this from an objective stand point.

Patent Pending Bio-Engineered Karbolyn™ (Homopolysaccharide) Derived From Potatoe, Rice, And Corn., Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40, & Sucralose.

1) Obtain basic idea of main ingredient:
    "Karbolyn" = Homo-Polysaccharides = Polysaccharides formed from only one type of monosaccharide.
    Polysaccharides = Complex Carb = Many monosaccharides.
    Monosaccharide = Simple carb

So, the most common types of PS are Starches, Glycogen, and Cellulose.

This product presents itself as a starch.

But more than that:
    "The “molecular mass” has been precisely optimised to create absorption through the stomach at a rate much greater than maltodextrins, dextrose, breads, pasta, rice or any other carbohydrate product on the market."

Ok, so we have a product with a special "molecular mass".

Hmm, so what molecular mass would you imagine would absorb in the STOMACH the fastest? NONE!!!

Please reference a pretty objective source:
    Digestion, absorption and energy value of carbohydrates
    "Polysaccharides and oligosaccharides must be hydrolyzed to their component monosaccharides before being absorbed. The digestion of starch begins with salivary amylase, but this activity is much less important than that of pancreatic amylase in the small intestine. Amylase hydrolyzes starch, with the primary end products being maltose, maltotriose, and a -dextrins, although some glucose is also produced. The products of a -amylase digestion are hydrolyzed into their component monosaccharides by enzymes expressed on the brash border of the small intestinal cells, the most important of which are maltase, sucrase, isomaltase and lactase (69). With typical refined Western diets, carbohydrate digestion is rapid and carbohydrate absorption occurs primarily in the upper small intestine. This is reflected by the presence of finger-like villi in the mucosa of the upper small intestine, with wider and shorter villi in the lower half of the small intestine. However, carbohydrate digestion and absorption can occur along the entire length of the small intestine, and is shifted toward the ileum when the diet contains less readily digested carbohydrates, or when intestinal glucosidase inhibitors which may be used to treat diabetes are present. In this situation, the upper small intestine exhibits wide villous structures with leaf-like arrays, while in the ileum the villi become longer and more finger-like. "

So now we have a "starch" that gets absorbed in the "stomach". Lets pretend it is the Small intestine they meant to say...

well, now a STARCH cannot be absorbed....only MONOSACCHARIDES!!!!

Now lets give the benefit of the doubt again and assume they meant something like "...optimised to create GASTRIC TRANSIT through the stomach at a rate much greater than maltodextrins, dextrose, breads, pasta, rice or any other carbohydrate product on the market."

OK so now "Crap-bolyn" gets through the stomach into the small intestine "faster" than ANYTHING ELSE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck browser crashed...starting over....

Simplify.

OK, the monosaccharide is broken down by pancreatic amylase and absorbed into the SI by SGLUT-1.

Claim:
    "...passes through the stomach very quickly, it acts like a pump, pulling water and nutrients along with it."

Fact:
    OK, so now they are saying a glucose molecule is a magic pump?
    Hmm, how does glucose get into the SI enterocyte?
    SGLUT-1 via a SODIUM dependent transporter.

The "pump" can conceptually be the Na/K gradient OR the Sodium DEPENDENT Transporter but NOT glucose. SGLUT-1 pulls GLUCOSE down a concentration gradient, not other fucking "nutrients"...not Beta Alanine, not creatine, not protein etc.

Sodium pulls water.

Claim:
    "...a higher solution osmolality than dextrose, sucrose or other carbohydrate..."

Fact:
    Osmolarity = osmole solute / Liter solution
    1g glucose = 1 osmole glucose because glucose does not dissociate into ions.

So to apply this to a glucose molecule:

Osmolarity Glucose = #grams glucose / Liter.

So 1g glucose is 1 gram glucose, I don't give a fuck about the original carb source. So how can a magic type of starch give you more grams of glucose / liter than any other type of carbohydrate? IT CANNOT.

IT IS ALL GLUCOSE.

maybe, just maybe they are referring to the Osmolarity of the product before digestion...

and the osmolarity of a starch is directly proportional to the number of monosaccharides bonded together, then in simple terms, it all come down to the amount of glucose once again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am loving the info on this thread
    "And Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Massive’s Bio Forge Pro Max log
    http://www.leanbulk.com/forum/sponso...o-max-log.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am tired of busting on this pathetic supplement (I have not even gotten into the "case report"), but let me leave you with this:

BioCeutical Research & Development Laboratory = company that patented Kre-Alkalyn (Kre-Crap).

http://www.brdal.com/HTML/PATENTS1.HTM

So most likely, your mixture of Karbo-crap ("Derived From Potatoe, Rice, And Corn") is pobably just left over scrap waste production powders from potato, rice and corn manufacturing....kinda like Doritos does with their "Party Mix" of broken tiny chips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im torn....is it

Kre-Crap
    Crap-Alkalyn

Crap-bolyn
    Karbo-crap

Hmm...its a tough choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swolloniron View Post
    I am tired of busting on this pathetic supplement (I have not even gotten into the "case report"), but let me leave you with this:

BioCeutical Research & Development Laboratory = company that patented Kre-Alkalyn (Kre-Crap).

http://www.brdal.com/HTML/PATENTS1.HTM

So most likely, your mixture of Karbo-crap ("Derived From Potatoe, Rice, And Corn") is pobably just left over scrap waste production powders from potato, rice and corn manufacturing....kinda like Doritos does with their "Party Mix" of broken tiny chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by swolloniron View Post
    Im torn....is it

Kre-Crap
    Crap-Alkalyn

Crap-bolyn
    Karbo-crap

Hmm...its a tough choice.
    "And Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Massive’s Bio Forge Pro Max log
    http://www.leanbulk.com/forum/sponso...o-max-log.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, good info, I do like the product if I am on a more balanced type of diet as it doesn't effect my stomach, but still really good info
    Lurking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for this info you saved me some $

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried Karbolyn twice so far with GREAT results. Both times I tried it it was on my heavy bench night. the first workout I benched 495 raw which was a 10 touch and go Personal Record for me and the second workout I benched 600 raw with reverse green bands which was also a Personal Record. It may be placebo effect but so far I'm pleased with my results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiredmuscle View Post
    I have tried Karbolyn twice so far with GREAT results. Both times I tried it it was on my heavy bench night. the first workout I benched 495 raw which was a 10 touch and go Personal Record for me and the second workout I benched 600 raw with reverse green bands which was also a Personal Record. It may be placebo effect but so far I'm pleased with my results.
    No placebo effect, anyone that has tried Karbolyn has had great sucess just like you!! Alot of the serious BB out their use Karbolyn as their only Carb source, and have had execellent results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiredmuscle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nateedogg27 View Post
    No placebo effect, anyone that has tried Karbolyn has had great sucess just like you!! Alot of the serious BB out their use Karbolyn as their only Carb source, and have had execellent results.
    A lot of BB have used WHITE BREAD with excellent results. Use your lower GI carbs when warranted and your higher GI carbs when you need them as well. Source is not as important. K.I.S.S.(keep it simple, stupid).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source plays importance, especially when you look at factors of where the glycogen of those carbs is preferentially stored. i.e. HFCS/fructose/etc.
    Lurking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like karbolyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Growing Naturally!

I like karbolyn too, it works great for me, better than anything else I ever used. I agree with those who say its superior because while it is expensive, it gives me better results and for me, that's what counts. Actually there is some research on it, I found it here: www.karbo-lyn.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was made for insulin users, meaning, bodybuilders that use insulin.
    Hello.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno OP..................ive only used one tub of karbolyn an i can literally feel the difference i plan to order a 2nd tub, post workout is the most confusing. Carbs are actually more important than Protein post correct? I swear i noticed a difference with this stuff, you guys ever heard of 1st Phorm Ignition?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post like this that make me want to try it
    Posted via Mobile Device

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wherever did you get that strange idea? I am no expert but would you say vitargo is only for insulin users too? (nonsense) I am not an insulin user and this karbo-lyn works great for me, better than vitargo (too slow to absorb). I bet anyone can benefit from a high absorption carbo loader without having to be using insulin. If you are commenting without having tried it properly (to the bottom of the tub), then I say you are definitely not qualified to comment on it at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    It was made for insulin users, meaning, bodybuilders that use insulin.
    Last edited by BigFella; 01-20-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BB12 View Post
    Post like this that make me want to try it
    Posted via Mobile Device
    So try it - if you don't like it they will refund your money - how confident is that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I am someone close to a company that sells Karbolyn, I have only heard good feeback on Karbolyn, everyone that i know that has tried it loves it!! Pricey, but if you want an excellent carb source, it can't be beat!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im bumping this product because a fellow bb'r, whom I think looks great, uses this product, and recomended it. so I am researching it.

the data is interesting, i dont have time to really read over the op's arguments, but in short, I think what the op is saying is
    he used the product and did not find it any better than other carb products.... oh wait, no, thats not right, that would be logical, he probably never used it.

looks intersting, I'll give it a whirl.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions REP
    Precision Nutrition Level 1
    NSCA
    CPT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way--the product has treated me well and many other competitors. Obviously the hyped marketing was flawed, but I do feel "lighter" on this after drinking 100g versus 100g dextrose ewwww.

It sits nicely.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see some who have actually tried it enjoy. As a rep for EFX we just recently picked this up. I've never tried it till recently and I'm loving it as I carb cycle the KARBOLYN treats me well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Certified Personal Trainer
    Training and Nutrition at
    www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

**Team P/RR/S** Ask me about PRRS training[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast